The first step in achieving your goal is to talk about it
Well, I’ve always wanted to make a Journal of the things that happen to my life.
I’ve planned for it for a billion times already but I never got started coz I felt my planning wasn’t done yet. So I guess it’s better to just jump in with all of my preliminaries and just continue on revising the plan while taking the journey. It’s similar to that MVP idea (Minimum Viable Product) Kat Kho told me before, which describes a process of jumping in the market with just the minimums of your business/product just to see how your market would react to it. I hope I got that right.
But I guess I should try to introduce myself first before this gets boring.
I’m Jocs Dilag, I am an AIESECer, a number lover, a hardcore entrepreneur and all-around friend 🙂 Oh, and I dream of becoming a lawyer too! People say that I look older than my real age, and they feel like I’ve done a lot already in my life for my age. Well, I think I do, coz I was able to finish college, work in the corporate world, share my passion in a non-profit organization, have my own business, and now take up law – all in just 22 years. So expect a lot of random ideas, experiences and thoughts in this blog.
The reason for writing this blog is for me to have a record of all of the things that will happen to me in a year. I know Facebook and Twitter helps, but I think a blog would give depth to the ideas I post there. I also want to see if this blogging thing can help me with my memory problem, so look at this as an experiment too.
Ok, now back to the boring bit.
During the New Year’s Eve mass at our church, Father Ega talked about wishes and resolutions. He said that wishes are “goals” and resolutions are “action steps”, and they must be thought of together. I’ve always written my list of goals and action steps separately, so I guess I’d start writing them down together. I’ve written down a “Bucket List” for 2013 with not-so-concrete-action-steps. I don’t expect to finish all of these, but I will do my best to do so. Oh, it would be nice if you could help me 🙂
2013 Bucket List
Create a Journal
- Write in Journal at least 5x per month
- Keep my GWA higher than 2.25
Get a gym membership
- Go to the gym at least 5x per month
- Maintain weight at 60-65 kg
- Travel to at least 3 countries
- Travel to at least 2 places outside of CALABARZON/Metro Manila/Pampanga
- Finish 5 new books (not law books)
- Re-create all of my Bar Exam reviewers
- Watch 20 movies
- Ang Nawawala
- The Impossible
- Perks of a wallflower
- Les Miserables
- Have a net savings of at least 3,000 every 2 months
- Have a dinner with friends at least once every month
- Come up with 3 business proposals
- Get to play a particular sport regularly
- Revise my birth month traditions
- Have a trip with the family
- Write down 5 new personal recipes
- Try out 20 new things
- Weight Training with PQ
Join an organization in Law SchoolBarOps!
- Participate in an AIESEC event
- Shop for clothes once a month
And I should remember to do the following:
- Maintain my weekly and monthly reminders
- Proper diet and exercise
- Improve study habits
- Fix wardrobe
- Take care of car, shoes, gadgets and condo unit
- Go to church regularly
- Drink vitamins
- Have my annual check up and regular dentist appointments
- SMILE everyday 🙂
There! I hope I can really shoot all of these goals in one year. 2012 was a roller coaster of emotions and adventures. I hope 2013 will be better, or at least, more fulfilling. So, to quote my Facebook post:
Thanks for everyone who became part of my life’s adventure! If you think you’ve helped me one way or another, SMILE! 🙂 Coz you made me smile this year 😉
2013, tara! 😀
Well, then I guess this ends here.. for now. See you!